Find answers to frequently asked questions about Las Vegas casino games and gambling at Las Vegas casino. How to play various casino games. The things you should know and things you should be aware of. See the most common topics and more.
Gambling winnings are fully taxable and you must report the income on your tax return. The casino will furnish a Form W-2G to you to fill out if you receive:
1. $1,200 or more in gambling winnings from bingo or slot machines;
2. $1,500 or more in winnings (reduced by the wager) from keno;
3. More than $5,000 in winnings (reduced by the wager or buy-in) from a poker tournament;
4. $600 or more in gambling winnings (except winnings from bingo, keno, slot machines, and poker tournaments) and the payout is at least 300 times the amount of the wager; or
5. Any other gambling winnings subject to federal income tax withholding.
Yes. Gambling can be a source of entertainment but for some people it can be a debilitating disease. Gambling addiction is the uncontrollable urge to continue gambling despite the toll it takes on one's life. Visit our Responsible Gambling resource for more information.
The best possible hand in Blackjack is a combination of an Ace with a 10-card or a face card. This is an automatic 21, when counting the Ace as an 11, and is called, "Blackjack", or a Natural. It cannot be beaten, unless the dealer has the same, which would be a Push, a tie. In a push, the player receives the bet back.
"Insurance" is an optional bet when the dealer’s "up" card is an Ace. You may wager any amount up to half your original wager that the dealer’s down card has a value of 10. If the card has a value of 10, you win and will be paid 2-to-1 on your insurance wager. If the card has a value other than 10, you lose and the dealer takes your insurance bet.
The easiest way to add an ace is count it as a 1, and then if you want, add 10 to it.
If a Backjack table is designated a must-hit-soft-17 Blackjack game, the dealer must draw on all soft 17 hands until he or she obtains a point total of a hard 17 or higher.
European Roulette – European Roulette games feature 37 numbers, including the green single 0.
French Roulette – French Roulette features a unique game style and set of rules and like European Roulette, this game also has a single green 0 and numbers 1 – 36.
American Roulette – American Roulette wheel is marked with numbers 1-36 and features 2 zeroes. A single "0" and the double "00".
1. The Martingale System – considered the best roulette strategy of them all, the Martingale System is based on a simple concept: each time you lose a hand, you double your bet. Even if you are on a losing streak, the idea is that sooner or later, you will win, and the payout should be significant enough for you to at least break even. Example, if you bet $10 and lose, you would place a $20 bet to try and recover your losses. If you win the $20 bet you have recouped your original $10 loss.
This looks simple, however, if you are experiencing a losing streak, the Martingale system can get really expensive. A losing streak of five or six losses in a row will probably sink the player.
2. The Paroli System – is a positive betting system whereby you increase your bet after you win, and you keep increasing your bet as your wins increase. Many experts recommend a Paroli player to go three decisions before decreasing his/her bet to its original amount. For example, if you bet $10 and win, then bet $20, if you win, then bet $40. Then you keep the winning bets and the original $10 is wagered to begin a new series.
3. The D’Alembert System - Rather than increasing chances by two, the D’Alembert System involves increasing bets by one after a loss and multiply it by one after a win.
Besides spending some time on this website to learn the basics, once you are in Las Vegas, most casino dealers will be prepared to instruct novice players on each of the table games. Just choose a quiet time of the day, go up to any table and they will be happy to instruct you.
The horn bet is an all-inclusive bet covering the three craps numbers (2, 3 and 12) and 11 for the next roll. One-fourth of the amount bet is on each number.
Listen to the stickman. He calls the game, and everything he says is important. Don't hesitate to ask your friendly stickman for more information on Proposition Bets.
What are the advantages of Ultimate Texas Hold'Em ?
Ultimate Texas Hold'Em offers several advantages:
1 The earlier you bet, the more you can bet.
2 You don’t have to fold until you see all the community cards.
3 The Trips bonus pays odds if your final five-card hand is a Three of a Kind or better.
How do you play Pai Gow Poker?
The only requirement in forming the two hands is that the second highest hand must contain only two cards and must be a lower ranking hand than the hand containing five cards. If this requirement is not satisfied, the hand is declared a “foul hand” and the wager is automatically forfeited.
What is Pair Plus®?
Pair Plus® is a side bets that lets you bet against your own hand. If your hand contains a pair better, you win!
What is the Pair Plus Strategy?
Since the only decision the player has to make in this game is to play or not to play, there is no strategy involved. However, the very low house advantage makes it about as attractive as any table game you can find. You cannot bet five dollars and win a house here, but the payouts are very generous.
What is Let It Ride® Stud Poker®?
Let It Ride® is a five card poker game that uses three cards dealt to the player and two community cards to make up their hand. They then have the chance to pull money back or Let It Ride® based on the strength of their hand.
What is that little white ticket I got out of the slot machine?
Todays slot machine technology allows you to carry around your “winnings” without the inconvenience of a big, heavy cup, like the good ol' days. Guests should also note that this ticket is the equivalent of cash and cannot be replaced if lost. In some casinos, that tickets expires after 180 days.
How does the ticket out/ticket in games work? At the end of your play, the slot machine will print out a ticket when you cash out instead of coin. You can either insert the ticket into another slot machine and credits will be issued to you on the machine for additional play. When you cash out at that game a new ticket will be printed and issued. After your play, you can cash out at any of the designated Ticket Redemption Machines throughout the gaming floor or simply take this ticket/voucher to any of the cashier windows for redemption.
Casino Loyalty Program is a player’s rewards program, that lets players accumulate points based on the amount played and the amount of time played. Casinos use your Rewards card to track your play and accumulate Points and Tier Credits. These points may then be redeemed for various, gifts, merchandise or added slot play.
Note: It is the responsibility of the member to properly insert their rewards card into the slot reader and verify its acceptance throughout the duration of slot machine play or to present his/her Rewards Card for tracking before playing table games.
To enroll, a new member must be at least 21 years of age. A valid, unexpired government issued photo identification is required for all Program transactions including but not limited to enrollment and point redemptions.
Government issued non-expired acceptable IDs include: Driver’s License (US and Canadian Only), State Issued Identification Card, including Real ID’s, Military or Military/Dependent ID cards, and Passports. Photo copies of any of these documents are not accepted.